Rotary is a global network of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who come together to make positive, lasting change in communities at home and abroad. The Rotary Club of Pacific Grove was established in 1948 and our members continue their dedication to local, national and international service. We support many national and international service projects helping to spread goodwill and better friendship throughout the world.
The annual Auto Rally each August and the Beer Garden at the annual Good Old Days each April are major fundraisers for our Club, helping us to support local youth and charitable programs, such as:
- Sponsorship of the annual PG High School track meet; held continuously since 1968
- The donation of dictionaries to each 3rd grader in Pacific Grove elementary schools
- annual scholarships to four PGHS seniors
- Sponsorship of the PG High School Mock Trial team
- Smiles for Life; a program developed by PG Rotary to provide orthodontic and dental care for youth in need in our community
- Sponsorship of the INTERACT Club at Pacific Grove High School
- “Job Shadow Day,” where PGHS students spend a half day with Rotarians at their various businesses, followed by lunch at the Rotary meeting
- Sponsorship of two PGHS juniors to Camp Royal, a Rotary sponsored week long leadership camp
- Sponsorship of Boy Scout Troop 90
- $25,000 donation to the Pacific Grove Library Renewal Project
In addition, past efforts have supported the refurbishing of the PG Middle School Auditorium into the Pacific Grove Performing Arts Center, and the remodeling of the “Little House in Jewell Park” which was originally built by our club in 1952 and given to the city. The club also participates in the I-HELP program which provides dinners for homeless men and women, the annual Good Old Days parade, the Dramatic Reading of the Declaration of Independence on the 4th of July, ringing the bell for the Salvation Army at Christmas, and RotaCare, a free weekly medical clinic.
Our club supports Rotary International projects, most notably the “Eradication of Polio” campaign. Rotary’s goal is to eradicate the disease completely, and we are well on our way to making polio a thing of the past.
We invite and encourage you to explore the many facets of the Rotary Club of Pacific Grove highlighted on this website. We meet on Tuesdays at Spanish Bay from 12:15 pm to 1:30 pm. Each week, our club is treated to a new keynote speaker which helps us learn more about the community and the world as a whole. The weekly meetings are also an opportunity for members to network and get to know each other.
If you are interested in learning more about our club and possibly visiting as a guest, please contact us.